Language Аgainst Dropout (LAD): Bulgarian as Second Language Training for Children in Preschool and First Grade
Erasmus+ project № 2015-1-BG01-KA201-014306 in key activity 2 KA2: Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices. Strategic partnerships in the field of school education. The period for implementation is 36 months from 01.09.2015 to 31.08.2018.
Our main objective:
The main objective of the LAD project is to create a scientifically sound concept for teaching Bulgarian as a second language for preschool and first grade pupils. The concept will allow children with different mother tongue (other than Bulgarian) to obtain an optimal language training in Bulgarian language for a successful start at school. This will prevent dropout from the school system at the earliest stage.
Our project activities at a glance:
– Elaborating training materials for Bulgarian as a second language for preschool (5 and 6-year-olds) and first grade (7-year-olds). The learning materials are visual-based language situations, which motivate speaking practice, provoke children’s curiosity and inspire creativity.
– Developing a methodology for teaching Bulgarian as second language
– Training of teachers to work with the materials and according to the developed methodology
– Developing a model for work with families
– Training of teachers for working with families
– Implementing the concept in the two partner schools and the kindergarden
International Elias Canetti Society (Ruse, Bulgaria)
Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Germany)
Veliko Tarnovo University “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” (Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria)
Colegiul Naţional Pedagogic “Constantin Brătescu” (Constanta, Romania)
Amalipe – Center for Interethnic Dialogue and Tolerance (Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria)
Primary school “Angel Kanchev” – (Ruse, Bulgaria)
Primary school “Aleko Konstantinov” – (Ruse, Bulgaria)
Kindergarden “Red Riding Hood” – (Ruse, Bulgaria)