Announcement for the
Artist in residence scholarship 2023
of the International Elias Canetti Society
Funded by the Danube Rectors’ Conference
The Canetti Artist Scholarship is aimed at artists from all over Europe. The fact that it is also advertised to artists from neighboring countries – from the Western Balkans and Turkey, should, in particular, provide opportunities for international, artistic exchange. Various different forms of arts should be fostered by the scholarship: painters, photographers, writers, performance artists, translators, and musicians can apply for it.
The slogan of the scholarship “Sharing Future” aims at a collaborative creation and cooperation for a joint Europe and a common future.
The funding period of the scholarship is one month.
The scholarship holder can
- pursue his/ her artistic work undisturbed in the spring/summer of 2023 in Ruse
- use the historic Canetti house as a workplace with various possibilities for artistic expression using the space (http://eliascanetti.org/bg/dom-kaneti-2/)
- get to know the local cultural scene in Ruse and Bulgaria and use the resulting synergies and artistic realization
- live in an apartment provided by the IECS
- receive 1200 € for contribution and 300 for € travel expenses or 1500 € for both combined. Project-related expenses are to be covered within this amount.
Application documents to be submitted:
- artist curriculum vitae
- significant illustrations of the artistic works in personal catalogs or a portfolio
- a concrete plan for realization of the planned project idea
The application with all documents should be sent to email@example.com no later than 30.4.2023.
All documents and/or attachments must be sent in pdf. file format. Applications not conforming to the aforementioned requirements will not be reviewed by the committee.
Various additional services (materials, organizational aids, etc.) are provided individually. The realized project idea (for example exhibition, music album, video, etc.) could be presented during our annual International Literature Festival in Ruse.
The decision on the winner of the scholarship is made by a three-member Board of Trustees of the Elias Canetti Society and the Danube Rectors’ Conference. The exact composition of the Board of Trustees will be announced on our website.
The authors agree with the terms of the scholarship announcement by submitting their application.
The winner will be announced at the end of May 2023. The legal recourse is excluded.
Information about Elias Canetti Society: The International Elias Canetti Society was founded in 1992 in Ruse/Bulgaria, the birthplace of Elias Canetti. The central goals of the Society include a dedication to researching Canetti’s work, promoting the European integration process and participating in rebuilding civil societal structures in post-communist Bulgaria. The Society’s work encompasses essentially four fields: Cultural mediation, cultural dialogue, civic education, and academics. Particular emphasis is placed on cooperation between the countries of the Danube cultural region. The cultural events we organize range from the annual Literature Festival Ruse, through youth events and exhibitions to international conferences.
The city of Ruse: http://bulgariatravel.org/en/object/88/Ruse